don't be a Traffic Warden, be something else!

Hobbies, Off Duty, Holidays anything like that!
falkor
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Priest'

don't be a Traffic Warden, be something else!

Post by falkor » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:46 am

this thread is to help people who have had enough of being a Traffic Warden or simple can't get the Traffic Warden job! suggest a REAL vacancy for these people! it must be a vacancy NOW and must really be up for grabs now!
Image < click to get the disc

Trainee Air Traffic Controllers, NATS

Email this job to a friend

Employer Milkround.com
Posted 10 Jun 2009
Location South West, Not Specified
Position Trainee Air Traffic Controllers, NATS
Trainee Air Traffic Controllers
Nationwide

Anyone from any walk of life can train to be an Air Traffic Controller. But only a few have the complex mix of talents to do this highly responsible job to the exacting standards we set. So if your range of skills includes everything from spatial awareness and verbal comprehension to mental flexibility and problem solving, we’d like to train you for one of these crucial and demanding roles.

Each year, we handle over two million flights passing through UK airspace. And right now, we’re looking for more dedicated people to join us. You’ll need to have the permanent right to work in the UK, be willing to work anywhere nationwide and have five GCSEs, or equivalent, at Grade C or above, including Maths and English.

If you have what it takes, the rewards are well worth the commitment our training requires. For a start we’ll pay you to learn - with a salary while you train of £10,468 plus an accommodation allowance. Within three years, you could be earning over £44,000.

nighthawk
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Ogre'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Re: don't be a Traffic Warden, be something else!

Post by nighthawk » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:09 pm

Already done that.. LOL :lol:
Yea Thou I walk Through The Valley Of Death, I Fear No Evil.

falkor
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by falkor » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:34 am

you're kidding! you were an aircraft traffic controller night? I always wanted to do that!! why did you leave?

ok here's another one :mrgreen:

Second hunt for staff in four months in effort to meet shortfall at Peterhead and Aberdeen
By Ryan Crighton

Published: 06/08/2009

Two north-east jails which are struggling to get new staff have launched a second recruitment drive in four months in a desperate effort to plug a prison officer shortfall.

The Scottish Prison Service (SPS) has launched a fresh hunt for operations officers at Peterhead Prison and Craiginches in Aberdeen.

It is the second advertising campaign for the positions this year and the SPS has previously said the buoyant north-east economy and the uncertainty over the two prisons’ future has made it difficult for them to recruit. Bosses had hoped the announcement about the new HMP Grampian, a £100million superjail, would make things easier.

Anyone applying for the posts, which can offer a salary of up to £20,772, will be given comprehensive training to “engage with prisoners and help address their offending behaviour”.

The government body said it will not tolerate discrimination, adding: “If you cannot promote and demonstrate dignity, respect and equality, please don’t apply.”

Morale at Peterhead and Craiginches was stretched to breaking point because of a shortage of about 100 officers at the end of last year.

At the time, the number of officers at Peterhead had slumped from 250 a few years ago to 181, while Aberdeen, with 125 warders, was short of about 30 staff.

Peterhead has 300 of the country’s most dangerous sex offenders and there are more than 200 inmates at Craiginches.

Detailed plans for the new prison are expected to be lodged with Aberdeenshire Council this year.

The eagerly-awaited jail, housing inmates from Craiginches and Peterhead, will be the first of its kind in Scotland.

The 500-capacity unit will take inmates from the entire spectrum of the prison population including lifers, women, youths and sex offenders.

The vast majority will be from the north-east.

Campaigners opposed to the closure of Craiginches said they were “devastated” it was being shut but vowed that the fight to retain a community jail in the city would go on.

They said mothballing the jail was a “disastrous” decision for Aberdeen and a major blow to staff and the families of prisoners.

For more information about the jobs, visit http://www.sps.gov.uk or call 0131 244 4123.

nighthawk
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by nighthawk » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:54 am

No no no.. Me, an air traffic controller.. Heavens above!!!! No chance mate! I was a Traffic Warden though.. LMAO!

The Highway Man
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by The Highway Man » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:11 am

nighthawk wrote:No no no.. Me, an air traffic controller.. Heavens above!!!! No chance mate! I was a Traffic Warden though.. LMAO!
Ditto, I also made the jump from parking control to HATO. 8-)

falkor
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by falkor » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:33 am

I have issued hundreds of parking tickets during my time in the Police

somebody needs to issue them!! or else the road descends into chaos

very worthwhile job!! anybody who says otherwise is kidding themselves

The Highway Man
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by The Highway Man » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:51 am

Amateur! I think I issued somewhere in the region of 10,000 tickets over 3 and a half years. 8-)

falkor
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by falkor » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:25 pm

Fair enough!!

I salute you THM!! :D

nighthawk
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by nighthawk » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:20 pm

I couldn't even place a figure onto it! I know when I patrolled Rusholme I could get through loads of endorsables, especially when the muppets are parking on crossings right infront of ya! I'd be writting one up when I'd see half a dozen others pull up and do the same thing.. It was easy pickin's!
ROad tax.... Well, with the type of clients we have living around Gorton, Longsight, Moss Side and Rusholme.. It was easy to issue at least 40-50 CLE 2/6's without walking too far!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic