falkor
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Priest'

wardens could be back on the streets of North East Lincolnsh

Post by falkor » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:32 pm

That is the hope for council chiefs, who aim to put an end to "parking anarchy".

A total of £400,000 of council cash will be spent on the scheme, which will lift the burden from Police Community Support Officers, giving them more time to tackle crime.
Monday, December 21, 2009, 06:30
33 readers have commented on this story.

As reported, there have been no traffic wardens operating in the area since 2007.

A new civil parking enforcement guide is due to be released for public viewing in January.

Mick Phoenix, parking services manager for North East Lincolnshire, who has been working on the project, said the finished document will include the responsibilities of the new civil parking enforcement team (CPE), as they are correctly known, along with advice on how to park correctly and how to appeal against a fine.

Mr Phoenix said the plan is to have 15 parking wardens, two senior wardens and a supervisor, who will possibly wear loud orange uniforms with visible logos so they are easily recognisable to the public.

The proposals for the scheme have already been given the thumbs up by cabinet members, although the papers need to go through parliament and be rubber-stamped by the Department of Transport, which is hoped to be achieved by February.

If an Invest and Save approach is adopted for CPE, the borough could benefit economically, as the £400,000 to set it up should be paid back over a period of five years, which can then be used for future projects.

nighthawk
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Ogre'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Re: wardens could be back on the streets of North East Lincolnsh

Post by nighthawk » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:51 pm

falkor wrote:Mr Phoenix said the plan is to have 15 parking wardens, two senior wardens and a supervisor, who will possibly wear loud orange uniforms with visible logos so they are easily recognisable to the public.
Jeez! Loud orange uniforms.. Crickey!!! I prefered to wear black, even during the hours of darkness.. Working around Longsight and Rusholme you don't become an easy target!

One issue that does concern me, and that's the training that these peeps get. After speaking with a couple of our local CEO's, they really don't get much at all.. Couple of weeks at the most. It's no where near enough!
Yea Thou I walk Through The Valley Of Death, I Fear No Evil.

The Highway Man
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by The Highway Man » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:16 am

We had a similar problem in a town we were reintroduced into after a 3 year absence of parking enforcement when the local police removed their traffic wardens. It was like shooting fish in a barrel to start with as over 100 tickets a day were being issued! After a couple of weeks, anarchy had stopped. Traffic snarl ups eased off and the number of tickets dropped to the 30 a day mark. The number of letters of complaint to the local chip wrapper also went through the roof!

nighthawk
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Ogre'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by nighthawk » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:26 pm

At least in our current role, we know who the enemy is!
Yea Thou I walk Through The Valley Of Death, I Fear No Evil.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic