falkor
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Priest'

Driver's face-bite threat to traffic warden

Post by falkor » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:36 pm

ANGRY driver David Rimington threatened to bite a council worker’s face off after a parking ticket was slapped on his car.
thisISstaffordshire 18APR12
The 22-year-old saw red when his neighbour told him the Stoke-on-Trent City Council enforcement officer had put a £70 fixed penalty notice on his Vauxhall Astra at 1.16pm on March 11.
Prosecutor Steve Knowles yesterday told North Staffordshire magistrates the car was parked on a yellow zigzag in Withington Road, Fegg Hayes.

He said: “Minutes later the officer saw the same vehicle driven by a lone male sounding his horn and waving.

“At the junction of Fegg Hayes Road he had to stop. The defendant got out. He approached the front passenger side of the injured party’s car and said, ‘You can’t do that outside my house, I will smash your head in’.

“He tried to open the door which was locked and then tried to smash the window. He then shouted, ‘I will remember your face’.”

The court heard the traffic warden drove off and Rimington followed, so the council worker drove to Tunstall police station.

Two officers came out and the warden pointed Rimington out.

As officers approached to arrest Rimington, he said: “If he gets out that car I will bite his face off and if you try and stop me I will bite your face off.”

In his victim statement, the officer said he felt afraid.

Rimington, of Withington Road, Fegg Hayes, pleaded guilty to using threatening or abusive words or behaviour.

Simon Dykes, mitigating, said Rimington has offered his sincere apologies in writing to the officer.

He said: “He failed to control his temper. He was frustrated when the warden would not speak to him.