Chan76
Registered Member
Registered Member
Class: 'Doomguard'
Sacred: 'Dragoon'

You're nicked: Traffic warden tickets ... a police car

Post by Chan76 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:04 am

You're nicked: Traffic warden tickets ... a police car

This brave traffic warden could be taking the law into his own hands by slapping a parking ticket on a police car.

These pictures were taken after the eagle-eyed warden spotted that the car, belonging to Merseyside Police, illegally blocking off an alleyway in Liverpool City Centre.
With no thought for his own future safety, the attendant leapt into action to make his move on the vehicle.

After noting down the offence, he boldly slapped the penalty charge notice on the windscreen before making a calm getaway, showing that not even the long arm of the law is safe from the scourge of the hawk-eyed wardens

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... e-car.html
Ticket 2.jpg
Ticket 2.jpg (27.69 KiB) Viewed 3685 times
Attachments
Ticket 1.jpg
Ticket 1.jpg (33.01 KiB) Viewed 3687 times

Re: You're nicked: Traffic warden tickets ... a police car

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:25 am

idiot, the cars is there for a reason, would he have done it if it was an ambulance.

nighthawk
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Ogre'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Post by nighthawk » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:51 am

Ok, I confess.. I did it to an unmarked cop car..
It was parked on a meter outside a royal mail sorting office, which wax next to a police station. Seeing as I had already ticketed 6 or 7 other cars, I couldn't leave this one. Plus, the car had been there all night and the regs had started some 45 mins ago.. (Meter controlled zone was 8 - 6 mon - fri and 8 - 12.30 sat) So, at around 8.45 a fpn was issued..
Not that the constable was too happy.. I didn't loose any sleep over it!

Now, looking at the story in hand.. Seeing as it's a livered police vehicle, and 99.9% of the time they are out on official duties.. I think a simple courtesy call over the radio would have solved the situation.
Yea Thou I walk Through The Valley Of Death, I Fear No Evil.

The Beard

Post by The Beard » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:16 pm

A few years ago an ex-colleague of Nighthawk's (I still work with him) was talking to a Cop in Manchester about an incident who had recently happened. After having a chat, the Warden wandered off and seeing that a nearby parked Vauxhall Astra had been on double yellows for some time, made his notes in his pocket book, wrote a ticket and stuck it on the screen. He then wandered off. Half an hour later he walked back along the same street to find an Inspector tearing a strip off the Constable. It seemed the Astra was a courtesy car to replace an unmarked vehicle that was being repaired. Apart from the obvious markings, a Traffic Warden (as opposed to a Parking Attendant) should be able to recognise a "Job" car, but was unable to do so in this case. The Policeman then told the Warden to cancel the ticket, something he had no right to do, but
the Inspector again tore a strip off the P.C. and to add insult to injury told him to pay the fine himself and not put it down to expenses. It doesn't say much for the observational skills of a Police Officer if he can't spot someone in uniform spending 5 minutes writing out and fixing a ticket to a car 25 yards away.

nighthawk
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by nighthawk » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:10 pm

Another one... A Sgt. from Cheadle parked his own car in a side street whilst he picked a few bits up. I issued a FPN just as he returned.. He was non too pleased! Anyway, later that day I wondered off to Cheadle Hulme.. And there on the main road running through the village was a car parked on the "Zig Zags". I recorded the usual details when I was approached by a female.. After a little chat I took her details and noticed that she had the same surname as the Sgt from earlier. As I gave her the endorsable fpn she just happened to ask if I knew her brother, he's a Sgt from Cheadle.. I said I did, but never mentioned the earlier incident..
About a hour later, same spot on the zig zags was another vehicle.. Simular conversation.. Then I took the drivers details.. I couldn't believe it when she had the same surname as the previous two.. Then she just happen to mention if I knew her son, a Sgt from Cheadle.. I said I did.. I gave her the ticket and I wondered off to Cheadle Hulme nick for my refs..

Hmmm, bad idea! The Sgt from Cheadle burst in, almost taking the door off the hinges and asked what i have against his family! He also thrust the endorsable FPN's at me and asked what i was going to do about these? I replied; "Nothing!" Well, what do I do? He said.. I replied... Tell them to pay or appeal, and this conversation never happened..

After all, had I reported this he'd have lost a lot more than me..

I'm a huge supporter of this countries police forces. What lets them down are those who think that they are above the law.. Well, they are not!

nighthawk
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by nighthawk » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:11 pm

Just noticed.. Fudgepanda has changed his name! Welcome Bearded one! :ugeek:

The Highway Man
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by The Highway Man » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:54 pm

I once issued a ticket to an unmarked police car parked in a disabled bay, it had been there for 15 minutes without anyone coming back to it. There was no blue badge on display, so as far as I was concerned, it was a honest ticket.

nighthawk
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by nighthawk » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:44 pm

The Highway Man wrote:I once issued a ticket to an unmarked police car parked in a disabled bay, it had been there for 15 minutes without anyone coming back to it. There was no blue badge on display, so as far as I was concerned, it was a honest ticket.
No probs with that... At the end of the day it's upto the driver (police or not) to explain why they had parked in that location.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic