Parents angry as wardens hand out school drop-off fines

Headline issues that have appeared in any newspaper
Nash.2

Re: Parents angry as wardens hand out school drop-off fines

Post by Nash.2 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:56 pm

People are too afraid to thank "Parking Wardens" who are responsible for keeping traffic moving through our High Sts. "Parking Wardens" require nerves of steel and very often face a ticket quota policy, official or unofficial, stated or hidden, but it's there waiting for them back at the office. "Parking Wardens" are obviously happy to issue PCNs when deserved and that does help with keeping traffic moving, but spare a thought for those who's efforts have resulted in "well behaved" residents and workers. "Parking wardens" should be allowed to issue PCNs within their own discretion.

The action by Tony Kelly described above detailing parking on the pavement is quite unusual. I applaud Tony Kelly for his determination and for clubbing together with other citizens to bring this to notice. Thanking the "Parking Wardens" is a very good idea too.

The Highway Man
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by The Highway Man » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Nash.2 wrote:"Parking Wardens" require nerves of steel
I've been shot at, jumped by 30+ drunken squaddies, had petrol bombs/bricks thrown at me and been involved with policing some very serious civil unrest. Issuing parking tickets was a walk in the park. :lol:

falkor
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Priest'

Post by falkor » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:52 pm

ok fair comment but I would still like to see CEOs getting a bit more support on the mean streets of the UK

We have some very angry motorists out there and some will not hesitate to use violence or threaten violence to CEOs, such people need to be brought before the court, not get away with it and CEOs should get members of the public's support more times than not

let's be honest, our towns and cities cannot function without them
The action by Tony Kelly described above detailing parking on the pavement is quite unusual. I applaud Tony Kelly for his determination
too true :P

The Highway Man
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by The Highway Man » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:18 pm

I've had a bloke threaten to punch my lights out for giving him a ticket. I raised myself to my full 6 foot 20 stone frame and looked him straight in the face and growled, "you better make the first punch a good one, as you wont get a second chance!" The colour drained from his face, he took his ticket meekly and slinked off. I didn't suffer fools gladly and locals on my beat respected me for it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic