90-year-old given black eye in row with police officer

If not a headline case then let's hear about it IN HERE!!
falkor
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Priest'

90-year-old given black eye in row with police officer

Post by falkor » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:38 pm

A 90-year-old man was left bleeding on the pavement when a police officer forced him to the ground during a trivial row over a parking ticket, a court has heard.

Published: 9:42AM GMT 05 Jan 2010 Daily Telegraph

Gordon Slack suffered a bloodied nose and lip, a black eye and cuts to his face in the incident in Duffield, near Derby.

A jury at Derby Crown Court was told that PC David Morton, 30, grabbed Mr Slack by the arm and forced him on to the pavement outside the town’s Co--op store.

The court heard the incident allegedly happened after Mr Slack and his daughter Lynne argued with a traffic warden and a police community support officer.

Chris Kesling, prosecuting, said the force used by Morton was "unjustified".

He said: "It is 11 to 12 seconds between him [Morton] stepping out of the police vehicle to taking Gordon Slack to the ground.

“What was used was excessive and unjustified force by this policeman."

Mr Kesling said the dispute over the parking ticket began after Mr Slack's daughter, Lynne, parked her Ford Fiesta illegally.

While Miss Slack and a friend went into the Co-op, Mr Slack was left sitting in the back seat.

When a traffic warden approached the car and started writing out a ticket, Mr Slack got out and started arguing .

Mr Slack, now 91, told the court: "He [the traffic warden] was running round the car like a little rabbit so I thought I'd better find out what was wrong.

"He was scribbling on a piece of paper so I said 'put that paper down'. That started the trouble.

"I said 'I'm not shifting from here until a policeman comes and tells me whether I'm right or wrong'."

nighthawk
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Ogre'
Alignment: 'Thunder'
Sacred: 'Warrior'

Re: 90-year-old given black eye in row with police officer

Post by nighthawk » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:51 pm

Hmmmm.... Had some hum dinger's of arguments with pensioners. I'd rather take on a gang of skin heads than a crowd of pensioners!
Yea Thou I walk Through The Valley Of Death, I Fear No Evil.

The Highway Man
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by The Highway Man » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:44 pm

I've had a pensioner threaten to punch my lights out after giving him a ticket. I looked him straight in the eye and told him he better make the first one a goodun as he wouldn't get a second go. He went bright red, muttered something about my parents not being married, grabbed his ticket and drove off. :lol:

nighthawk
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by nighthawk » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:01 am

I had one who tried to run me over.. Instead, due to his poor eye sight proceded to drive at the first thing he saw wearing a uniform. That just happened to be a traffic cop just using the cash machine..
magistrates let him off with a warning!!! WTF!!!!!!!!

Fudgepanda
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by Fudgepanda » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:31 am

Just after the attempt to detonate a Jeep at Glasgow Airport, all roads that gave access to the area directly in front of the Terminals at Manchester Airport were closed to general traffic. There were so many yellow signs telling drivers to use the car parks and that the first 15 minutes were free of charge, it should have been a doddle for Mr. and Mrs. Driver to simply drive into the car park, drop off (or pick up) their passenger and them drive out again.

Oh no, that would be far too easy. There were queues of traffic up to half a mile long at each Terminal and almost every driver asked the same question: "Can't I go down there?" Those that didn't, would instead say: "I want to go down there." Of course by the time you anwer the question or explain why they have to use the car park, another 10 cars have joined the queue.

I was on Point Duty at a mini roundabout when this elderly chap in a Fiesta rolled up. I tried to shout to him in answer to his question of "Can't I go down there?"
without leaving the roundabout, a distance of about 6ft. Obviously hard of hearing, he drove slowly forward with his steering on full right lock. I suppose I should have seen it coming, but he rolled gracefully onto my left foot; and stopped there. He seemed quite put out when I banged on his bonnet with my fist and told him to get his heap off my boot. Fair do's though, he reversed off my size 9 and headed towards the Car Park.....and missed it. He was back 15 minutes later, gave me a cheery wave as he did another 180 round the mini roundabout and made another, this time successful attempt to get into the multi storey.

nighthawk
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by nighthawk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:27 pm

but he rolled gracefully onto my left foot; and stopped there.
I wonder what offences he'd commited there?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic