Manchester Civil Enforcement Officers are easily recognised by their uniforms with reflective strips and peaked caps, and have powers to issue tickets to vehicles who do not comply with parking regulations.
We are committed to training our staff and encourage officers to gain a National Vocational Qualification that includes skills in customer relations.
Civil Enforcement Officers are not just there to issue parking tickets - they can give directions or advise on places to visit in the city centre. They act as the 'eyes and ears' for the Council across a range of services from reporting defective pavements and environmental issues to 'meeting and greeting' responsibilities.
- The Civil Enforcement Officers:
- Are employed by NSL Services Group, and work for the City Council
- Wear the distinctive City Council uniform
- Are ambassadors for the city
- Aim to enforce restrictions
- Do not work to targets.
- Patrol streets of Manchester
- Have a range of environmental powers