blue badge abusers

If not a headline case then let's hear about it IN HERE!!
The Highway Man
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: blue badge abusers

Post by The Highway Man » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:51 pm

Posted in wrong topic.
Last edited by The Highway Man on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geekagony
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by geekagony » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:33 pm

In my beat it seems as if blue badge abuse is so common but seems as if no one wants to do anything about it, bar us CEO's we also have alot of fake blue badges hanging around, i have a very good eye for spotting these, and id also like to say the police and local authority support us when it comes to fake ones, but the misuse of badges isnt a high priority its a shame really, i believe if something was in place like what The Highway Man said it would really help the massive problem in blue badge abuse .
The Highway Man wrote:The local Social Services department where my old beat was, was pretty good on blue badge abuse and took my reports seriously. First offence received a warning letter, 2nd offence a temporary suspension of blue badge and 3rd offence full removal. This was fully explained in the first warning letter, it usually didn't go to a second offence. ;)
Geek

geekagony
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by geekagony » Wed May 16, 2012 8:14 pm

Just realised that on the DfT's (Department for Transport) website that the have just had a blue badge review consultation , and the have published the responses from local authority's and businesses to some set questions and questions about local authorities CEO's being able to confiscate blue badges.

http://assets.dft.gov.uk/consultations/ ... sponse.pdf

for confiscation responses look on page 10 and 11 question number 2.

Geek

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic