is it worth getting qualifications? e.g. C&G level 2

If not a headline case then let's hear about it IN HERE!!
falkor
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Priest'

is it worth getting qualifications? e.g. C&G level 2

Post by falkor » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:19 pm

Recruitment Agency information quotes qualifications necessary to become a CEO Team Leader (at £18000) as C&G level 2 for civil enforcement officers or NVQ level 2 in controlling parking areas, have you or your colleagues obtained any such qualifications?

geekagony
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Re: is it worth getting qualifications? e.g. C&G level 2

Post by geekagony » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Hey i did a city and guilds qualification level 2 in civil enforcement (parking) and found it really helped with my job im glad i did it :P

falkor
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by falkor » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:31 pm

was it a compulsory course Pete or was it optional? give us an example of how it helped you?

are you able to go for the "next course up"? is there one? :)

geekagony
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Post by geekagony » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:44 pm

falkor wrote:was it a compulsory course Pete or was it optional? give us an example of how it helped you?

are you able to go for the "next course up"? is there one? :)
Yeh it was Compulsory to do it before we started the job, it involved learning the contravention codes, examples of suspensions and stuff as well as conflict management. It helped me because when we got given the book full of contravention codes I didn't know where to start but after the course and on street training I was ready to go by myself. Ermm im not to sure if there is a level up, if so we haven't been giving the chance to take it.

The Highway Man
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by The Highway Man » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:30 pm

I done a NVQ level 2 in parking control. On completion we got the grand sum of a 17p per hour payrise.

sippikatz

Post by sippikatz » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:26 am

In October this year I completed the C&G Level 2 Award for Parking Enforcement Officers (this course is for CEO’s operating under the Traffic Management Act 2004) and also did the C&G Conflict Management course at Camden Council in London. It was taken over 5 days - Mon to Fri, involved 4 days of studying which also included homework everynight :? and then the exams were on Friday. Got to admit it was great fun, there was only 6 of us there from various local authorities around the country and we all enjoyed it. I have found it has helped a great deal with my work as I learnt a lot of new things due to the huge variety of subjects covered. I would definately recommend doing the course if given the chance and there are others you can go on to do such as the C&G Parking Enforcement for CCTV Officers (great if you get fed up of walking around the streets :D )

falkor
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by falkor » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:23 pm

the C&G Conflict Management course ? never heard of it, does it involve push offs? leg strikes? verbal commands? sounds like the training is definitely being ramped up!! :D

sippikatz

Post by sippikatz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:46 am

falkor wrote:the C&G Conflict Management course ? never heard of it, does it involve push offs? leg strikes? verbal commands? sounds like the training is definitely being ramped up!! :D
Hi Falkor
The C&G Conflict Management course is automatically taken as part of the C.E.O course so no getting away from it. Unfortunately it doesn't involve your suggestions even though I did ask if I could use them :D

The Highway Man
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by The Highway Man » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:57 pm

I've been threatened with all sorts of violence, I used to inform them to make the first hit a good one cos they wouldn't get a second chance!!! that normally did the trick. ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic