Pavement Parking

This is for members of the public to ask questions! Members of staff will do their best to answer your questions but the answers are given to the best of their knowledge END OF!
tonykelly97

Pavement Parking

Post by tonykelly97 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:15 pm

I am what is know as a Pedestrian and resent having to walk in the road to avoid a vehicle obstructing the pavement. I have fought a war with my local council and their parking department and have forced them to stop promoting pavement parking and now vehicles in my area get a penalty notice if they obstruct the footpath. I find it difficult to understand the excuses that I have been presented with by the person at the other end of the phone who works for the council to excuse pavement parking.
I am not sure as to how Wardens feel about having to visit my street twice a day to check no vehicles parked obstructing the footpath. I thank them with warm appreciation. I am not sure as to what the form would be as the Warden that comes down our street does not make eye contact. Should I speak to him and thank him or would that be out of order?
I see so many reports of Wardens being abused and I can not see why, if they were not around then the streets would be at a standstill and Pedestrians would be wandering in the road banned from the pavement. Happy Xmas and the best for the New Year.

The Highway Man
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: Pavement Parking

Post by The Highway Man » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:02 am

Just speak to him, we are human and appreciate a kind word every so often instead of the usual vitriol. ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic