parking bay lines

This is for members of the public to ask questions! Members of staff will do their best to answer your questions but the answers are given to the best of their knowledge END OF!
gazza

parking bay lines

Post by gazza » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:59 am

I have just had an argument with a neighbour at my mothers house.
She has a drive with a run up off the road. either side of the run up there are parking bay markings. the neighbour has said as long as the wheels of his vehicle are within the marked area it does not matter that the rest of the vehicle overhangs onto the unmarked area meaning that it is impossible to get my car off the road and onto the run up. Is this correct??

geekagony
Registered Member
Registered Member
Sacred: 'Ranger'

Re: parking bay lines

Post by geekagony » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:54 pm

Sorry for the late reply.
In my borough the parking bays aslong as your wheels are in the bay its of for instance if it was a camper van and the back over hung from the bay we would leave it if it looks like theyve attempted to get the full vehicle in the bay, but if the vehicle is causing you an obstruction on getting into your drive i would mention that to your neighbour to see if they would be polite enough to move it so you can access your property. If they refuse i would contact your local authority and ask the rules regarding it. Out of curiosity what type of bays are they, for instance permit bays, pay and display or just un enforced bay markings?
Geek

falkor
Executive Member
Executive Member
Class: 'Undead Hunter'
Alignment: 'Lightning'
Sacred: 'Priest'

Re: parking bay lines

Post by falkor » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:52 am

Gazza in addition to Geek's advice above - another thought - Police give a higher priority to anybody who cannot get the car from the run up back onto the public road

if you get blocked by this neighbour call the Police stating that you can't get your car out - it would also be worth a try, if your car is blocked "getting in," but this is regarded as 'a lower priority'

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic